Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree keeps asking password after installing version 2.6.3

Germinal Camps November 15, 2017

it's a nightmare, it had happened to me before.

it just keeps asking for password if I try to push. I tried both SSH and HTTPS.

I checked that my KEYs are generated and are added to bitbucket. (they already were). it just doesn't work... I don't know what to do.

also when the popup appears, the checkbox "store password in keychain" is checked but does nothing.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

If using ssh, can you please check if the keys are added to the agent?

You can run below command to check for keys in agent,

ssh-add -l

If you don't find your keys listed, please add them using below command,

ssh-add <path_to_key>

Germinal Camps November 16, 2017

thanks, I have just tried that, but I get error:

Error loading key "/Users/myusername/.ssh/myusername-Bitbucket.pub": invalid format

any suggestions?

Germinal Camps November 16, 2017

(by the way, the result of ssh-add -l was, indeed "The agent has no identities", so I guess the problem is identified now)

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

You should try this,

ssh-add ~/.ssh/myusername-Bitbucket

Germinal Camps November 17, 2017

oh brilliant!

that worked!! thanks a lot...

Germinal Camps November 30, 2017

Hi!

I still have a problem, I'm afraid...

when I add the identity, it works. But the next day when I open my computer again, it is missing again. So I have to do this every day... isn't there a way to make this "permanent"?

and also, SourceTree keeps poping up the "password required" message, which is very annoying. I close it and it just appears again...

Manju
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

Hi,

This is what Apple suggest to make it permanent - https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2449/_index.html

This hasn't worked for me personally. But, I would recommend you try this to see if it works for you. 

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Developer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events