Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree installation: invalid drive

Eugene Seah May 1, 2015

I am trying to install sourcetree on my main drive now that my program drive has failed.

However, it gives the error above. Uninstalling is not an option as it complains that "there is a problem with this windows installer package...."

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2015

Your old installation has put pointers into the registry to tell Windows where it is.  When you try to uninstall, a standard Windows installer package can't cope with damaged or physically removed installations and simply crashes out.

I'm afraid you will need to clean the sourcetree markers out of the registry to enable the installer to work

(This is one of many reasons why a monolithic registry is a terrible idea for an operating system, and we still don't understand why MS haven't moved to a model that works in the real world.  Heck, even the dependency hell that Linux package managers inflict on us is better than that)

Eugene Seah May 3, 2015

Thanks. I was hoping there was a way to force install over a previous installation.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2015
Eugene Seah May 3, 2015

Thanks. Unfortunately I have already manually removed entries before seeing your post. Haha.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events