Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree: how do I view and copy the entire commit comment from the Description column?

Richard Grossman January 18, 2013

Sourcetree: how do I view and copy the entire commit comment from the Description column?

A) I can't see all of the comment because if it is a multi-line comment, I can't expand the window wide enough to see everything.

B) I want to copy another user's branch commit comment so I can use it in an email.

FYI, we're using Sourcetree with hosted GIT (Assembla).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2013

Instead of copying the commit comment from the Description column, you can copy the comment from the commit detail window :

Richard Grossman January 20, 2013

Wow - I had the commit detail window set so short that I never saw the commit comment there.

Thanks.

simplysanthakumar July 30, 2016

I can't able to view commit details window. How to view in Mac Source Tree. Please help

Chris Nordberg October 9, 2016

I am also having this issue on my Mac, SourceTree v2.3.1. In the log view I can see the list of affected files but there is no commit detail (the section is entirely missing). On another Mac running the same SourceTree version I can see both the files and the commit detail. I have no idea how to get the commit detail back.

Tomas Hanus October 11, 2016

I have the same issue. 2.2.2 (51), after upgrade it is the same sad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events