Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree freezes on Windows

mwsasser December 22, 2014

I have a new bitbucket project but when I download the files Sourcetree freezes and goes non-responsive for 30 minutes or more.  None of the other projects in Sourcetree cause this issue.  If I can eventually get off the new project tab, then the app appears to work fine.  But if I tab back to it then Sourcetree freezes for 5 to 10 minutes before it'll show that tab again.  

I have deleted the project and tried again but the results are the same.  I've even removed it from bitbucket and started over but the results are always the same.  Once it downloads the files the freezing starts.

4 answers

4 votes
Witold Kaczurba June 2, 2017

I have the problem on Windows 7 laptop. Just updated the SourceTree to 2.1.2.4. It freezes and I cant even close it. I do not have problems like this with other applications.

3 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2014

There is a known issue where SourceTree can become unresponsive and eat memory. The exact cause is still trying to be diagnosed. You might read through the comments on the following bug to see whether there is anything that helps you, or if you can provide any helpful information:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-2093

If nothing else, you can at least Vote for and Watch the bug to be kept up-to-date on progress.

2 votes
tstickel October 25, 2016

No problems on a Windows 7 laptop ,  but on Windows 8 sometimes sourcetree commit/push box would hang a bit and i would close and re-open .   However on my main Windows 10 desktop - that is the big issue  SourceTree locks up the entire computer to the point of not being able to use SourceTree or ANY application and the memory leak is just insane

2 votes
mwsasser January 8, 2015

Yea, still having huge problems with this one after my reinstall.  But only with the same project directory.  None of the others are affected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events