Sourcetree for windows install

Joe Ferr April 1, 2013

I've seen other messages about Sourcetree for windows, the clickonce installer and firewall issues.

I installed sourcetree for windows beta a few weeks back on win7 64 bit and I love it. Upgrades have worked fine etc. Now all of a sudden the upgrade failed. I uninstalled/tried to re-install and I cant reinstall.

error is 'Unable to retrieve application files. Files corrupt in deployment'

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTree.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Exception occurred loading manifest from file SourceTree.resources.dll: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.

+ File SourceTree.resources.dll is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.

+ File {0} is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.

I'm guessing that a firewall change at our company broke this, but I'm not going to get help unless I have more specifics. What needs to be opened up for this to work?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
ediaz_previred April 7, 2013

Same problem here, we have a content filter. There is an offline installer available?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013
0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Just to make sure I just tested a fresh install to rule out any issues with the files deployed in the latest update; that went fine.

I've only ever seen the 'corrupt' message when the download was interrupted or interfered with somehow, usually if it's a firewall or proxy issue then the error is about downloading. Is it possible that your corporate proxy or firewall interferes with downloaded files on the fly? The way ClickOnce works is it downloads a bunch of separate files over simple HTTP, they're each main deployment file like dlls/exes etc but simply given a '.deploy' extension. I wonder if there's some issue with the server in between you and downloads.atlassian.com detecting that it's downloading binaries (even with a different extension) and is filtering them out as a security measure?

Joe Ferr April 2, 2013

Thanks Steve. This should be enough info for me to provide to our security folks to hopefully be able to sort this out.

-Joe

Joe Ferr April 2, 2013

Sounds like you had this spot on. Our security folks added this to the "safe list" and everything works fine now.

Thanks for the help!

-Joe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events