Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree for Windows not updating remote repository state

Gary Kratkin April 21, 2013

Manual update doesn't appear to do anything. If I fetch changes, the new commits do show, but the branch isn't displayed as behind, (e.g. "master 7 behind").

The Mac client displays the same repository correctly when I open it from an SMB share.

Any ideas before I file a bug?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

The Mac version automatically fetches in the background every X minutes (default 10), this isn't implemented in Windows yet so you have to Fetch manually. The push/pull icons also don't have the ahead/behind markers yet on Windows, although the branch label should have. Looks like they're displaying 'ahead' but not 'behind' correctly. Logged: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-497

Gary Kratkin April 22, 2013

Thanks very much, Steve. I'll look forward to 9.1.2 with the fix.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

While I was fixing it I also noticed that I'd written some code to put annotations on the sidebar for ahead/behind but they'd never been activated. So 0.9.1.2 will do this too:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events