Sourcetree for Windows not showing uncommited files

Becky Davis September 24, 2014

I'm new to this program, but I seem to have an issue with Sourcetree not keeping up. I have a repository setup and when I make a file change, sometimes it shows up to be staged and committed, sometimes all I get is Nothing to commit. Hard to work this way when I have to keep going. 

Please let me know if you need more info or if there's something I can do.

Thanks

5 answers

0 votes
Becky Davis September 25, 2014

Nice idea, but the f5 does not work. I'm afraid this particular repository got corrupted somehow, it's been giving me grief since the beginning, other ones that I've been using have been fine. I will probably have to do the re-clone and start over, sigh. Thanks for all your help!

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Sometimes the UI does not refresh correctly / when needed. (I see this mainly in the commit dialog.) Press F5 to refresh the view if you know or suspect that something is not up-to-date.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

If you have the repository pushed to a remote, re-clone from the remote to a new location. See if the new repo works any differently.

0 votes
Becky Davis September 24, 2014

I'm editing a WordPress theme, so these are standard .php & .css files. It seems to be an issue with just one repository. Is there a clean way to remove it and re-create it?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

Are there specific files that don't show up as commitable? The default .gitignore file includes some extensions that can be used by Visual Studio for source code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events