Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree for Mac (2.6.x) sends empty password to Bitbucket Server when Browsing it via REST API

Yury Petrov September 20, 2017

After upgrade of SourceTree to ver. 2.5.3 and 2.6.3 I cannot browse BitBucket repos anymore. SourceTree shows the error "The operation couldn’t be completed. (SDNetDomain error 7."

I've checked this with two BitBucket servers (both running ver. 4.12)

I captured authentication request and noticed that SourceTree doesn't send my password in Basic auth header (as seen it sends only base64-encoded username and colon):

GET /rest/api/1.0/users/ypetrov/repos?limit=%32%35 HTTP/1.1

Host: devbitbucket.netsertive.local:7990

Connection: keep-alive

Accept: */*

User-Agent: Sourcetree/134 CFNetwork/760.2.6 Darwin/15.3.0 (x86_64)

Accept-Language: en-us

Authorization: Basic eXBldHJvdjo=

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

X-AREQUESTID: @X1HX1Kx121x3405x0

X-ASEN: SEN-4920128

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Atlassian Bitbucket"

Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8

Content-Length: 197

Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 06:01:12 GMT

{"errors":[{"context":null,"message":"Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again.","exceptionName":"com.atlassian.bitbucket.auth.IncorrectPasswordAuthenticationException"}]}

I wiped SourceTree preferences, then installed latest SourceTree. This didn't help.

Rollback to version 2.4.1 fixed the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Hi @Yury Petrov

I just tried adding a bitbucket server account and was able to get a list of remotes in the repo browser window. I am guessing that there was an issue saving your password while adding the account. 

Can you please remove the account from accounts tab in preferences and any keychain item with the given host? And add the account again in preferences. This should ideally work. 

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Mac Developer

Yury Petrov September 20, 2017

That was my initial guess - that something is wrong with keychain. So I removed all entries related to bitbucket servers from keychain - still no luck. I even reproduced the problem on two different OS (Maveriks and El Captain) connecting to two different Bitbucket servers.

Need to note that after downgrade to 2.4.1 or 2.6.2 remote browsing works like a charm.

Is there any logs I can check in SourceTree app?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events