Sourcetree doesn't show internal diff if path has foreign accents

Henrique Tavares April 28, 2015

I just found out that if a path has foreign accents (ex: ãáé) the internal diff won't show any changes.

This is with a git repository, if I try it with an hg repository it works correctly.

Is there a solution for this? I really like the internal diff and wouldn't like to use an external.

NOTE: OSX 10.8.5, Sourcetree 2.0.5.2

1 answer

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

This is probably a bug in git, not SourceTree: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5854967/git-msysgit-accents-utf-8-the-definitive-answers

Are you using embedded or system git? If embedded, I think SourceTree distributes git 1.8, which is prior to support for Unicode 6.3 or 7.0, as mentioned in that stack exchange thread.

Henrique Tavares April 28, 2015

Thanks for the reply. I am using the embedded git which is 2.2.1, and reading that SO topic, this version should support it now, but it doesn't. I tryed the system git (2.3.5), but it gave me all sorts of errors and was unuseable :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events