Sourcetree does not ask for password

Yusuf Osmani January 18, 2018

Hi, i am in as salutation where SourceTree desktop app does not ask for password after i enter my existing email ID and click on continue it remain's on same screen we are unable to proceed to login process, any idea how can i fix this.

I tried old and then latest version as well but the behavior remains same.

A quick reply on this will be most appreciated.

Regards,

Yusuf 

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi usually this is an issue to do with IE configuration, assuming you are talking about Windows and the registration step.

See: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Can-t-install-SourceTree-due-to-login-problems/qaq-p/648705

Yusuf Osmani January 25, 2018

Michael,

Many thanks for your response, i did recommended changes in IE, but no luck.

I am still on same page it keeps showing the same thing i enter my atlassian email ID and click on continue but it does not ask for password.

Is it something to do with IE version, current is 9. is it not supported? should i try upgrading it to specific version.

Please help.

Regards,

Yusuf

Yusuf Osmani January 25, 2018

Hi Michael,

I have manage to fix it by Upgrading IE to 11 and did the IE security setting mentioned in reference link.

now i am able to go ahead with the registration process.

Once again many thank's for helping out and sharing valuable information.

hats off to you.

Regards,

Yusuf

I don't know how to close this post, anyone has access can mark as answered and close this please.

emeelan October 9, 2018

I have this same problem on my mac...using Chrome

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events