Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree crash after upgrade to 2.3.5

Sandeep November 22, 2017

After i upgraded my source tree it goes on to setup screen and after finishing it it just pops up a BugSplat screeen asking me to send the crash report.

I re-installed multiple times wiping off the old installation but no help. If I go back to an older version say 2.2.5 then it works fine.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi Sandeep, have you tried a clean install already? You can do that following the steps:

1. Wipe Sourcetree preferences. 
  2. Uninstall Sourcetree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step:
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete Sourcetree & Sourcetree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all Sourcetree Files/ folder.

4. Download SourceTree and install it. 

When you get the crash report, do you get any error message? If so, can you send us a screenshot? 

Have you checked the logs for possible errors? On Windows, the SourceTree log file is located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log. Note that the AppData folder is hidden by default on Windows Explorer.

Let us know!

Ana

Sandeep November 28, 2017

Thanks. WIping the source tree preferences and re-installing helped

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Glad to hear that Sandeep :)

Have a good day! 

Ana 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events