Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree continously asking for password to bitbucket.org

Alex Lloreda November 29, 2016

Hi,

Sourcetree keeps asking the password to login to bitbucket.org, even though I don't have any repository in bitbucket.

I can log in just fine to bitbucket.org with my username/password, but sourcetree keeps asking again and again every 10 minutes. In the dialog I can't edit the user name either. How can I get rid of this message?

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Go to View > Show Hosted Repositories, and see if you have a Bitbucket account entered there. If you aren't using any Bitbucket repositories on this machine, it is safe to delete that account from sourcetree.

Alex Lloreda November 30, 2016

I don't have any hosted repository

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2016

If you don't have any "hosted repositories", and none of your repositories have a Bitbucket remote, then I can't think of any reason why SourceTree would be asking you for bitbucket.org credentials.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events