It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree can't update to 3.0.5

Saw a notification this morning for Sourcetree 3.0.5 and proceeded to update. I won't update because it canot find the file specified. As shown in the photo.

Error Window 02.jpeg

I've looked at other solutions in the forum about deleting the files inside the AppData/Local/Atlassian folders, but all that did was deleting my preferences.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2018

Hi

Sourcetree's Squirrel for Windows update process has the ability to use delta files to download and install only what has changed, potentially making an update smaller and quicker. However it looks like one of the delta's was corrupted during the upload to our publishing server. I believe we missed it because we were testing a  different installed version as our starting point to update and it didn't pick up the corrupt file.

We've re-jigged the releases files this morning. everything appears to be working correctly with our testing now and updating from 2.6.10, please try again.

Thanks @minnsey!

I've been able to update SourceTree now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,935 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you