Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Sourcetree can't update to 3.0.5

Saw a notification this morning for Sourcetree 3.0.5 and proceeded to update. I won't update because it canot find the file specified. As shown in the photo.

Error Window 02.jpeg

I've looked at other solutions in the forum about deleting the files inside the AppData/Local/Atlassian folders, but all that did was deleting my preferences.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2018

Hi

Sourcetree's Squirrel for Windows update process has the ability to use delta files to download and install only what has changed, potentially making an update smaller and quicker. However it looks like one of the delta's was corrupted during the upload to our publishing server. I believe we missed it because we were testing a  different installed version as our starting point to update and it didn't pick up the corrupt file.

We've re-jigged the releases files this morning. everything appears to be working correctly with our testing now and updating from 2.6.10, please try again.

Thanks @minnsey!

I've been able to update SourceTree now

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events