Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree asks to configure remote settings on every pull request

Elinaker August 22, 2017

Almost every time I make a pull request, I get message "you don't have any remotes which have extended integration settings configured, you need to edit your remotes to add details such as the hosting type and base URL. Click the settings button to open your remote list."

When I open settings, everything is correct. If I click edit, then I don't edit anything and click ok, after that pull request works. If I make another pull request right after that, it works, but if I wait for example one day, then it asks to configure again.

11 answers

5 votes
Tomasz Adamski April 9, 2020

Still exists in 3.3.4 version. I do not need to perform any changes in repository settings. The only action I make is click OK button on "Remote details" window and all works fine... until next time.

3 votes
Andrew Bieleski July 2, 2020

Version 3.3.9 still has this issue.

Karmakallio August 30, 2021

I've gotten kind of used to it but it's still 10 seconds wasted per day : E

2 votes
mriffey July 2, 2020

Same. My configs already have the HTTPS. Doesnt help on my Win10 / ST 3.3.8

Andrew Bieleski July 2, 2020

2 years of this bug for you? Man, this is crazy.

Like mriffey likes this
mriffey July 2, 2020

You might say it's getting tiresome:)

twherzog July 3, 2020

I gave up and moved to GitKraken

Abdoulaye Siby July 4, 2020

That's what I am using too now. 

Andrew Bieleski July 27, 2020

I'm also tempted to swap, but the GitKraken UI is annoying/isn't as simple as SourceTree, which does clearly show your branches and submodules and features. It gives me just what I need for work and nothing more. 
But yeah, this is bad.

Egor Chibisov September 15, 2020

Over the years and now still have this the same issue

And similar to this over the years issue with Beyond Compare sometimes stop working with ST without any visible reason

really glitchy soft :-(

2 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2018

Hello! This has been a tough one to debug on our end. To attempt to address the issue, we've made a change that will be rolled out in the 2.5 release. Hopefully this will solve it. Please follow this issue for progress.

jraymond-gr February 15, 2018

Thanks, @Mike Corsaro.  I appreciate the info.  It's nice to know that you're aware.  If I can provide any of my system info -- within security reasoning, of course -- just ask.

0 votes
abdoulaye_siby September 6, 2018

Solved on Windows.

Make sure that the URL of your remote is the https:// one. Not the SSH compatible one.

Sample URLs for the Remote feature:

• GOOD URL: https://YOU_USERNAME@bitbucket.org/YOU_ACCOUNT/YOUR_REPO.git
  • BAD URL:  git@bitbucket.org:YOU_ACCOUNT/YOUR_REPO.git

Don't try to build it from this example URL. A safe bet is to simple go on Bitbucket.org, then click the clone button and switch the connection type from SSH to HTTPS and finally copy the URL.

Janice Vann November 30, 2018

This did not help me. I'm seeing this on version 3.0.8. Windows 10. It just started happening between code pushes to the same branch. Didn't restart or anything.

Like flycoflyco likes this
0 votes
benbesuijen March 19, 2018

Same here, it will happen on every new branch. When I have openend the settings menu, it will not be asked again for that branch.

Windows 10 - SourceTree 2.4.8.0

0 votes
mriffey February 15, 2018

Same here - been happening for quite some time across numerous SourceTree updates - including 2.4.8. Windows 10. 

0 votes
twherzog January 25, 2018

Same thing here, Windows 10, SourceTree 2.3.5.0

0 votes
titan_mf November 13, 2017

Same issue for me: I have to set up Stash integration settings nearly every reboot. Though sometimes it disappears before reboot or is kept after reboot.

Tried update (several versions released since issues first appeared), complete reinstall, `sourcetreeconfig` removal. Nothing helped.

titan_mf January 26, 2018

Issue still persists

0 votes
larsendaniel October 3, 2017
Yup, I'm getting the same thing for my company's on-prem stash server. I have to set the `host type` and `host root url` everytime I restart the program on every single repo.
0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hello! Which version of Sourcetree are you running, and on which OS? Thanks!

Elinaker August 22, 2017

Windows, version 2.1.10.0.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2017

Is the extended integration with stash, bitbucket, or github?

Elinaker August 23, 2017

bitbucket

jraymond-gr September 14, 2017

I was hoping someone would have solved this because the same thing has been happening to me with the extended integration options for Stash.  Version 2.3.1.0.  Although it's not quite every pull request.  It will hold for a while but reset itself eventually.  It's not updating the config files when I save the changes even though I'm running it as admin, and so I wonder if that's the problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Does anyone know the format to manually update the config file for Stash extended options?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events