Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,458,136
Community Members
 
Community Events
176
Community Groups

Sourcetree asks me for registration on every start! Proposed fixes do not help!

Edited

So I install sourcetree (3.4.10 latest as of time of this post it installed to %localappdata%/Sourcetree/), go through the registration, punch in my details using Bitbucker server. So far so good. I add my repositories. Close the application.
Start it again.
The same registration window appears asking me for the same info!!!

Sometime I can close it and start it twice where it doesn't ask me and the third time the registration dialog appears.

So I deleted the whole %localappdata%/Atlassian/ folder, un-installed the app, and re-installed, exactly the same problem.

The application doesn't add the "AgreedToEULA" to the user.config, so I added it manually in the following fashion:

 <setting name="AgreedToEULA" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="AgreedToEULAVersion" serializeAs="String">
<value>20160201</value>
</setting>

 Still even after I add it manually and I start the application, I get the registration dialog.

 

Here is my manually modified user.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<userSettings>
<SourceTree.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="MainWindowWidth" serializeAs="String">
<value>1152.8</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MainWindowHeight" serializeAs="String">
<value>597.6</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MainWindowState" serializeAs="String">
<value>Maximized</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MainWindowLeft" serializeAs="String">
<value>425.6</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MainWindowTop" serializeAs="String">
<value>26.400000000000002</value>
</setting>
<setting name="GitWhichOne" serializeAs="String">
<value>1</value>
</setting>
<setting name="AllowModifyConfigFiles" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="DefaultFullName" serializeAs="String">
<value>My Name</value>
</setting>
<setting name="DefaultEmail" serializeAs="String">
<value>myemail@email.com</value>
</setting>
<setting name="LastOpenTabIndex" serializeAs="String">
<value>0</value>
</setting>
<setting name="SSHClientType" serializeAs="String">
<value>PuTTY</value>
</setting>
<setting name="ProxyServerMode" serializeAs="String">
<value>OperatingSystem</value>
</setting>
<setting name="HgWhichOne" serializeAs="String">
<value>-1</value>
</setting>
<setting name="EnableGitSupport" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="EnableHgSupport" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="MainWindowScreenDeviceName" serializeAs="String">
<value />
</setting>
<setting name="GitSystemPath" serializeAs="String">
<value>C:\Program Files\Git</value>
</setting>
<setting name="HgSystemPath" serializeAs="String">
<value />
</setting>
<setting name="SidebarIsOpen" serializeAs="String">
<value>False</value>
</setting>
<setting name="AgreedToEULA" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="AgreedToEULAVersion" serializeAs="String">
<value>20160201</value>
</setting>
</SourceTree.Properties.Settings>
</userSettings>
</configuration>

This is driving me insane and makes Sourcetree almost useless to me. Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

OK, after much putsing around, I fixed the issue by myself.

Here is a possible fix if you are reading this from the future:

Delete all Sourcetree folders (two of them) under %localappdata%/Atlassian

Even though my real bitbucket is my company's server, when I launched SourceTree and it asked to register for the 1000th time, this time I chose this bitbucket account and authenticated myself via MS Edge.

After authentication, funnily, even after having deleted all of SourceTree files, my entreprise account was still in SourceTree! So I proceed to delete both accounts from "tools/options/authentication" and restart.

And the app stops asking me for registration on startup!

So I go in and manually add my account via "tools/options/authentication"

Et voilà!

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events