Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree always asks my ssh passphrase

Sam94 November 6, 2017

I work on some projects hosted on gitlab.com and I'm using ssh to connect to these repositories. In SourceTree, I checked the option to save my ssh passphrase, but at ever action I take, a popup asks for it again... That's very irritating!

How can I save the passphrase manually for that account

Note that the passphrase is saved for a project hosted on a custom gitlab installation though...

2 answers

2 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2017

What OS platform and what version of Sourcetree are you using?

Sam94 November 8, 2017

I'm on macOS High Sierra (Version: 10.13.2 Beta (17C60c)) an I'm using SourceTree 2.6.3 (134).

Sam94 November 18, 2017

@bgannin

Do you have any idea what this is caused by and how to fix it? It really bothers me!

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Can you please check if the ssh keys are loaded to the agent? You can do so by running below command on a terminal window.

ssh-add -l

It should list down the keys added to the agent. If you don't find anything listed, please add the key to the agent with the command below,

ssh-add <path_to_key>
Like # people like this
Sam94 November 21, 2017

That was indeed empty, I now added my ssh key and guess what, it works. Thank you very much!

josh_sutterfield February 17, 2020

I have the same issue but in Windows 10. ssh-add from command-line doesn't seem to work right. (Error connecting to agent: No such file or directory) Regardless, what would address the root cause? What can be set or done from the sourcetree application to remedy this?

Thomas_Varghese March 31, 2020

I have the same problem.  Tried setting up ssh-agent as a service using PowerShell, but does not make any difference.

0 votes
Dominick Sidiropoulos May 8, 2020

Had the same problem. I had to convert the .ppk key-file to openssh file-format and then I fed that file into ssh-add. It worked and I think it achieves the desired result but I'm not quite sure. Will keep an eye on this thing over the next few days.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events