Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree - Strange error when testing connections

Nachtkater July 1, 2014

I wanted to try Sourcetree on my Win7 PC but ran into some issue when adding and testing a bitbucket or github account.
For every added account I get a message like this:

"The 'BR' start tag on line 6 position 30 does not match the end tag of 'FONT'. Line 7, position 3."

I am using the latest downloadable version.

What can cause this error?

6 answers

0 votes
Scott Plumlee November 18, 2014

In our case, we had a network proxy server that was demanding authentication before allowing traffic through. Since the Bitbucket API for giving a list of repos that the user can see/clone/etc is over HTTP, I couldn't even get a list of repos to show in SourceTree. Once I turned on proxy authentication with the proper credentials, then the error disappeared.

0 votes
J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2014

what do you mean by " proxy server needed authentication"? I give my credentials to sourcetree under Tools > network. Which are the same i use for maven. But it just wont work. I tried know at home without the proxy stuff and it worked perfect.

0 votes
Scott Plumlee November 18, 2014

In our case, turned out the proxy server needed authentication.

0 votes
J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

I have the same problem here, proxy setting work on other applications.

0 votes
Scott Plumlee August 17, 2014

Further digging shows that when trying to browse repositories, this error continues to show up. Even if I try to use a bitbucket account, with SSH selected, the built in Sourcetree repository browser fails to connect.

Would be nice to see some actual logging of what goes on.

0 votes
Scott Plumlee August 17, 2014

I saw this same issue when the OS configuation for proxy server was set to use a configuration script. Try turning that off, and see if the error goes away.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events