Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree: SSH agent does not launch

Ellen Addoms May 7, 2013

I just installed Sourcetree and want to launch Pageant, but when I choose 'Launch SSH Agent' from the Tools menu, nothing happens. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

That actually means it's already running, take a look in your system tray.

Ellen Addoms May 7, 2013

Thanks, Steve!!!

Orande Morgan November 3, 2014

thanks much Steve, was ther for a while trying to figure this out

brikirby February 4, 2016

I am having the same issue and as far as I can tell, SSH Agent is not running at all.

Thales Sabino December 24, 2017

I was having the same issue, but I found out that if you to go Tools/Options/General, under SSH Client Configuration, select the SSH Client to PuTTY / Plink, then try to launch the SSH Agent again.

Looks like you cannot mix SSH Client configurations.

Like # people like this
Samuel Benevides Linhares May 30, 2019

on my case i followed until the point that was indicated by @Thales Sabino on last comment but it was needed select the item OpenSSH on SSH Client drop list and to SSHKey Field, pass the path correspondent to private SSH saved on explorer. Problem solved.

Like Conall de Butler likes this
priscilla_baltezar June 26, 2019

I am new to bitbucket/vcs programming. I just installed source tree. Sorry if this is a basic understanding, but where is the system tray. I am under the impression there is an icon I can push for Pageant. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events