Sourcetree Access/Permission during installation

RobStuffPers May 10, 2017

I'm still very new to Sourcetree and this is the first time I've really installed it on my own.

The issue is that I've granted access to something and I'd like to know more details on what I've done. A page popped up in my web-browser during the sourcetree setup. I was half asleep at the time and hit the accept button without thinking clearly. 

The page that popped up in my broswer had something "localhost" in the address bar and listed a bunch of things I needed to either "grant access to" or "give permissions" Something of that nature. I think I remember the button at the bottom say "Grant" like I said earlier, but it may have been something else.

I apologize for the vague details. I was very tired at the time. I tried recreating the process today and the page doesn't pop up. The most I get is "Authentication Succesful" from a similar address. The most I know is that Localhost has something to do with my actual machine.

If anyone can shed some like, that would be incredible.

Can anyone help me understand what I granted access/permission to? I wasn't doing anything else at the time, so I assume it has to do with sourcetree.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2017

Hi Rob! During the installation process, SourceTree doesn't ask you to grant permissions to anything. When you install SourceTree we ask you to accept the Customer Agreement, which you can re-visit by clicking About SourceTree > Customer Agreement.

If you'd like to get more help with that, we'll need more information regarding what you were doing at that moment. Another option would be to wipe SourceTree preferences, uninstall it, install it again and see if you get the same pop ups. I've tried reproducing the steps and didn't get any pop up, asked some of my colleagues and it doesn't sound familiar to them either... let us know! 

Cheers,

Ana

RobStuffPers May 13, 2017

Hey Ana, I highly appreciate your quick response. 

Unfortunately, the details I've given are the best that I can come up with. When speaking about it with a coworker we thought it may have had something to do with authenticating/connecting Sourcetree to Bitbucket. I thought it had something to do with the Oauth authentication.

I tried recreating it on another machine with a new account and on a new network, but nothing happened.

I did try wiping SourceTree preferences, but I'm still not sure. Thank you so much for all your help. I'll have to keep digging.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events