Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree 2 Win can't load left panel (branches etc) for repo - worked perfectly in 1.9

Nick Walters May 12, 2017

After being basically forced to upgrade due to the security flaws in 1.9, I find that the repo I use most frequently is entirely unusable - it just permanently shows a loading gif instead of the entire left bar of the screen. There is no messaging of any kind whatsoever, just this uselessness. No other repo is affected, only this one. I have tried rebooting, reinstalling, etc.

3 answers

1 vote
Nick Walters May 15, 2017

This finally functioned after completely blowing away the local repo and downloading it from scratch.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2017

Thanks for letting us know, Nick. I'll pass this message to the developers :)

Have a nice day!

Ana

0 votes
Ran Dong May 31, 2017

In case any one see this and does not want to do the clone thing again. You can try this.. Go to .git directory of your not working repo, then refs, then heads, delete those empty folder, and restart SourceTree.

Or maybe it is because I update my ST from 2.0.20.1 to 2.1.2.3 :P

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2017

Hi Nick! In cases like this one, wiping your SourceTree preferences might work. Have you followed those steps already?

Let me know if that solved your issue.

Regards,

Ana

Nick Walters May 15, 2017

I have tried this, and it does not solve the issue. SourceTree 2 simply does not work, for no apparent reason, with this repo. (And provides utterly no information explaining what the problem is.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events