Sourcetree 2 Win can't load left panel (branches etc) for repo - worked perfectly in 1.9

After being basically forced to upgrade due to the security flaws in 1.9, I find that the repo I use most frequently is entirely unusable - it just permanently shows a loading gif instead of the entire left bar of the screen. There is no messaging of any kind whatsoever, just this uselessness. No other repo is affected, only this one. I have tried rebooting, reinstalling, etc.

3 answers

This finally functioned after completely blowing away the local repo and downloading it from scratch.

Thanks for letting us know, Nick. I'll pass this message to the developers :)

Have a nice day!

Ana

0 vote

Hi Nick! In cases like this one, wiping your SourceTree preferences might work. Have you followed those steps already?

Let me know if that solved your issue.

Regards,

Ana

I have tried this, and it does not solve the issue. SourceTree 2 simply does not work, for no apparent reason, with this repo. (And provides utterly no information explaining what the problem is.)

In case any one see this and does not want to do the clone thing again. You can try this.. Go to .git directory of your not working repo, then refs, then heads, delete those empty folder, and restart SourceTree.

Or maybe it is because I update my ST from 2.0.20.1 to 2.1.2.3 :P

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

569 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you