Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree 2.4.8.0 UI differs from https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree

Dear Atlassian support team,

I am currently running Sourcetree Version 2.4.8.0 and I am trying to follow your article https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree/merge-changes-from-one-branch-to-another-git-847359121.html regarding the merge from one branch to another.

I've noted that the UI from my version of sourcetree looks and acts differently than the one described in your article.

Example 1: Point 1 from your article shows a WORKSPACE menu entry with the following sub menu entries: File status, History and Search. My version is showing a FILE STATUS menu with a sub menu "Working Copy"

Example 2: Point 1 from your article asks to hover the mouse over the right side of the Branches label until you see the word Show. This seems not working in my version of Sourcetree.

Your article has been updated recently (it says Last modified on Mar 5, 2018) - so I am wondering if I am missing some settings in my installation to make my installation of Sourcetree look and behave the same as in the description of your article.

2018-03-09 10_21_47-Sourcetree.png2018-03-09 10_22_39-Sourcetree.png

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin Atlassian Team Mar 09, 2018

Hi Laurent,

The first issue, the naming of sidebar content, I'll bring up with the Windows team and we'll get tidied up in a future update; the documentation is correct on naming convention.  The second, Show vs disclosure arrow, is actually a difference between between macOS and Windows for outline (tree) views, I'll note this for the documentation team. Thank you for the notes, we just updated the Getting Started using the latest Mac client.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

5,011 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you