Sourcetree 2.3.2 on OSX - Where have my diffs gone?

jackjansen November 17, 2016

Just updated to source tree 2.3.2 on OSX from some pretty old version. I won't complain about the new toned-down look, but I do complain about not being able to see my diffs.

I select a commit in the main browser. The commit message and such show up in the bottom-left pane. The filenames that are part of this commit are missing, however. In the bottom-right pane I see the diffs for one of the files that was modified in the commit. But: only for one file. Sometimes (for some commits) if I select "tree view" in the pulldown above the commit message I get a second file in the diff pane. Usually not, though.

What am I missing? How do I see the files that were changed in the commit? How do I see the diffs?

1 answer

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

The panel should still be there, but it may have gotten collapsed for some reason. See if there is a small area to the left of the file diff that you can drag to the right.

jackjansen November 18, 2016

Indeed, thanks! It wasn't a divider to the left of the file diff but a divider above the commit message.

Unbelievable, a UI with 1-pixel wide white divider lines on a white background:-(

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

Yeah, it's been a long-standing complaint that panels can be collapsed to 0 height/width with such a small divider to grab. If you searched jira.atlassian.com, you could probably find a bug report to vote up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events