Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree 2.3.1.0 won't install on Windows 10

Joel Peters September 23, 2017

On a clean install (downloaded 2017.09.23) install gets stuck on clicking on using an existing account.  Another window pops up but remains blank.  While my laptop does have a proxy setup for work, I am currently not behind that firewall.  None of the suggestions I was able to find worked on the Community pages helped.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joel Peters October 8, 2017

In the comments for SRCTREEWIN-7244 Karl Jones' edit worked for me.  Unfortunately I didn't notice his link to the example accounts.json  file is on Wikileaks.org (I am sure I will hear about this from our network admins).

For Windows 10 edit the accounts.json file (hopefully Atlassian will provide one instead of having to install SourceTree on someone else's computer to get the file or having to resort to using the WikiLeaks file) with your Atlassian user name and put it C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree and in the same directory create an empty text file named passwd.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

HI

Can you please see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Installation-of-SourceTree-cannot-be-completed-because-of/qaq-p/621375?utm_campaign=kudos_answer&utm_content=topic&utm_medium=email&utm_source=atlcomm

There are a 3 potential solutions outlined there:

The most like is probably compatibility settings:

"It turns out compatibility mode in IE11 in Win10 v1703 blocks the page. Turned it off and it’s fine now."

"could you try changing your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-..."

"

Hello everyone, could you try the following workaround:

1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After loggin in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option."

Joel Peters September 26, 2017

Changing security is not an option, everything on tab is locked down by admin.  Compatibility, none of the check marks are checked.  So none of the three help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events