Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree won't open for Windows 8.1

Nathan Janman March 3, 2015

I have been using SourceTree with no problems for about a month, the a few days ago I tried to open t and it failed. I have tried un-installing and re-installing but nothing changes. I have read that I should check the sourcetree.log for any loading errors, but I cannot seem to locate the file in the SourceTree folder. Any help would be very much appreciated.

2 answers

1 vote
Matt Cromwell March 11, 2015

I've also been struggling with this. In my log, the first line show this:

Stack trace: 
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Really need to get things up and running again, and it seems like others are struggling as well. I'll open a ticket as well, but if there's a standard solution, I'd love to learn about it.

jneary March 26, 2015

Have the same issue with the same log entry - Did you find a solution Matt? Thanks

daniel smith March 27, 2015

this worked for me to get it to launch, but when I try to do anything with the repos it crashes

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2015

Hi Nathan!

The sourcetree.log file is located under the folder below on Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree

information See this document in case you need additional help on finding the file.

Check the logged entries for leads to the problem. If you end up not being able to find a solution, I recommend you post relevant messages on logs here or raise a ticket under support.atlassian.comwink

Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events