Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree won't let me log in to an account that the email has changed on

Matthew Peckham August 1, 2017

Our Bitbucket/Atlassian accounts were set up with a specific email address, say hello@example.com - but then the company had a name change, and so our email address are hello@example2.com, and these are managed by Google.

I can log in to the Atlassian website using my original example.com email address, but I can not log in to SourceTree on install with it as it keeps taking me to a Google login page, and the old email technically doesn't exist any more (it's just a forwarder). 

To make matters even more confusing, I have a separate Bitbucket/Atlassian account set up on the example2.com email, and it keeps trying to log in to that one - which I do NOT want.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Matthew! Can you confirm if my understanding is correct?:

• You had an email address hello@example.com   associated to Bitbucket-account1 and Atlassian-account1    
  • You had an email address hello@example2.com associated to Bitbucket-account2 and Atlassian-account2
  • Your email address  hello@example.com got renamed to  hello@example2.com.  
  • You'd like to use hello@example.com to access Bitbucket-account2 and Atlassian-account2

If you try to access Bitbucket from the browser (not through SourceTree), what happens when you use the first email? what happens when you use the second email?

My first guess is that there's been an internal conflict, as the second email address was already in use for another Bitbucket account. 

Please let us know so we can continue troubleshooting this issue for you.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events