SourceTree won't install on a Windows Server Computer

David_Mills November 4, 2014

I get the following pop-up when I try to install on either Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.  It correctly installs on Windows 7.  And versions 1.6.5 and earlier all install on all 3 OS flavours.

SourceTreeCabError.jpg

Can this please be resolved.  Most of our team do most of their development work on VMs running Windows Server variants.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David_Mills October 8, 2015

More recent versions now do again.  Thanks for resolving this.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

Hey David,

Have you tried running it as Administrator?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/285519

David_Mills November 5, 2014

That was running it as administrator. 

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

@Kieran Senior [Atlassian] looked at this issue in the other question.

Victor Peters May 24, 2016

The installer for SourceTree 1.8.3, the latest version as of May 24th 2016 according to the website) on Windows 7 has the same problem.
Running the installer from the Windows Explorer "As Administrator..." doesn't help, neither does opening a command prompt as Administrator and running the installer from within the command window.
Every time I get the error that the cabinet file disk1.cab within the installer has an invalid digital signature.

Extracting the installer to a subdirectory (using the command line option /extract) and extracting the cabinet file disk1.cab using 7-Zip results in the following error:

"There are some data after the end of the payload data" (using 7-Zip).

There's a Bug for this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-5131

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events