SourceTree wierds out

Mike Jablonski October 11, 2018

Source tree could no longer connect to my GitHub repository.  It said the repository does not exists (it does) and then I got many, many, many dialog boxes from GitHub asking for my username/password.  It was like playing a game of whack-a-mole.  (I can log into GitHub without problem.)

So I uninstalled source tree, and reinstalled it.  The same problem can back. But during the uninstall, and the subsequent re-install there was no feedback.  None. Zip. Zero.

Further analysis on my part shows that SourceTree did not really uninstall.  It left pieces all over the place on my PC.

How can I fully unsinstall SourceTree so I can start over again?  SourceTree simply no longer works properly.  The Uninstall and reinstall results just messed things up.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2018

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the community!

The issue you are explaining can be very frustrating to deal with.

@Ana Retamal published an excellent uninstall guide for SourceTree, here is it:

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences.
  2. Uninstall SourceTree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  4. Download SourceTree and install it. 

Please let us know if this works for you.

-Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events