SourceTree - view a private bitbucket hosted git repo i have write or admin privileges for

Paul Herzog May 21, 2012

My friend, sets up a git repo on bitbucket. Makes it private, invites me (different bitbucket account) with admin rights. I can not see this in sourcetree 'Hosted Repositories'. Is this possible? If not, suggested workaround (that does not compromise the privacy setting)?

2 answers

1 vote
Phil June 19, 2015

Fast forward and "Follow" seems to now be "watch this repository". However, doing so does not make a non-self-hosted repo show up in Sourcetree > Show Remote Hosted Repositories. I am unable to have anything but my own repos showing in the Sourcetree hosted repo browser.

I have refreshed the list and even restarted Sourcetree. The repos show up on the Bitbucket website when filtered by "Watching".

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

You can always clone from any repo you have access to by copying the clone URL into the clone box. However if you want it to show up on your Hosted Projects, just click the 'Follow' option for this repo in its Bitbucket home page (it's near the top right).

The Hosted Projects window will show all of your own repositories, and all repositories you follow, whether you have write access to them or not. This can be useful if you have other people's repositories that you want to clone (read-only or write) too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events