SourceTree v1.8.2 on Windows -- what happened to the tree view option?

Thomas Brennan-Marquez February 23, 2016

Just loaded the update to v1.8.2 on Windows -- what happened to the tree view option? There is a checkbox to 'enable Tree View as a file listing option' but it doesn't seem to work. Please bring back the tree view. Great tool by the way. Thanks so much.

2 answers

0 votes
james crump May 12, 2016

Deal breaker for me. Any idea how to revert to older version?

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

Search the site for SourceTree 1.8. There's a question about it with lots of votes that includes 1.7 download links in some of the answers.

james crump May 13, 2016

Thanks! That did the trick.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Not sure why the option is still in there. The 1.8 release notes explicitly state that tree view was removed. I don't know the reason for sure, but I expect they were unable to resolve the significant performance issues that tree view caused for many users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events