Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree upgrade problem on Windows Server 2012

Dick Dee March 30, 2016

I recently tried upgrading SourceTree 1.7.0.32509 to 1.8.2.3 on a Windows Server 2012 VM.

It seemed to go fine, until I got to signing in with my existing Atlassian account. After entering my credentials, the upgrade program displayed some kind of HTTP error 403 and would not continue. My default browser is Chrome (the latest version) on that box.

I was able to uninstall 1.8.2.3, then reinstall 1.7.0.32509 to recover my settings with very little pain. But I am not anxious to try another 1.8x upgrade, as I do not want to risk having to set up all my repos again.

I was able to upgrade with no problems on my Windows 8.1 box (using my same Atlassian account credentials).

Anyone else see anything like this?

Anyone else upgrade on Windows Server 2012?

-DD

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dick Dee December 7, 2016

To close the loop on this:

After I upgraded then launched the new SourceTree, I was forced to sign in with my existing Atlassian account (that requirement began with SourceTree v 1.8.2).

For that to succeed in my environment, however, I had to relax our ESC (Enhanced Security Configuration) and allow the Atlassian URL in question (id.atlassian.com IIRC). Then, after signing out and signing back in to Windows, the Atlassian sign in succeeded and I was able to use the newest version of SourceTree.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

The latest Windows version of SourceTree is 1.8.2.11, I think. There were fixes in the early 1.8.2.x versions for registration authentication issues.

Dick Dee March 30, 2016

I just tried the latest version (1.8.3) and got the same results.

Here's a cut-n-paste of the verbiage:

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.                               

More information 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events