Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree spinning forever after large depo manual copy

jeffrey wisgo August 10, 2017

I need to access a large repro over VPN which is over 5 Gb and every time I try to clone it using SSH I get "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly" after a few minutes. I tried to use "-depth" and pull down little by little, but that still started failing after a got to a certain depth, so I gave up on it.

I was told by an admin that the original issue is known and I should manually copy the repo from someone. I did that, but now when I start SourceTree and click on the repo name, it takes a few seconds to pull up the main screen. Then is a spinner than spins forever to the right of the "Staged Files" text and things are really slow (like History screen). I've left it on for over an hour but the spinner never stops.

I haven't tried to actually use SourceTree in this state since I don't know if I need to run some special command after copying over the files manually.

If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jeffrey wisgo August 14, 2017

Thanks for the answer. I ended up solving this by installing some tool at the command line. I forget the name but it was for large file support.

However, for the future I still want to know how to change the SSH client to OpenSSH. Can you clarify in more detail where I can change this setting? I can't find it anywhere in the 'Preferences' menu.

Thanks

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

If you're on Windows, you'll find it under Tools > Options. If you're on Mac, OpenSSH should be the default option. 

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Cheers,

Ana

jeffrey wisgo August 14, 2017

I see. I am using Mac so I guess I will never have that specific issue.

You can consider this issue closed.

Thanks

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Thanks for your response, Jeffrey. Have a good day :)

Ana 

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2017

Hi Jeffrey! What SSH client are you using? Putty was reported to cause this issue, you can find the bug ticket at SRCTREEWIN-5273. When changing from PuttY to OpenSSH, the issue doesn't happen anymore. 

There's also a post in the Community regarding this error, you can find the solutions at When cloning a repository "Checking Source" spins.

I hope that works for you! If it doesn't, please let us know which SourceTree version ad OS are you using and send us a screenshot so we can continue helping you.

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events