SourceTree slow on getting focus

Anthony Ugrinic May 9, 2017

Everytime I give focus back to SourceTree (after working in another app) it hangs for over 30 seconds. I noticed this initially with an older version. I updated to 2.0.19.1 and the problem seem to go away. Yesterday morning I updated to 2.0.20.1 and have been experiencing the problem ever since. Its extremely frustrating. I'm on Windows 10. While I'm working in SourceTree there are no performance issues, everything works nicely.

I have looked at other posts regarding performance but none seem to mention this particular problem.

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2017

Hi Anthony, thanks for reporting this issue! I've submitted a bug report which you can find at SRCTREEWIN-7238. If you'd like to follow the updates, you can watch that ticket.

Have a nice day :)

Ana

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2017

Hi Anthony, thanks for reporting this. I'd like to open a bug ticket for our developers but I'll need as much information as possible to help them reproduce the issue. Can you let me know:

• number of bookmarks
  • number of open tabs
  • are you on a shared network
  • anything else unusual / worth mentioning

Cheers!

Ana

Anthony Ugrinic May 11, 2017

Hi Ana,

in gathering the information you requested, I seem to have found what is causing the problem. There were a few repositories bookmarked which no longer existed. I removed these bookmarks. Since removing them the problem no longer occurs.

Seems strange that this would cause the delay every time it got focus. Do you go searching for every bookmarked repository every time the app gets focus ?

Cheers,
Anthony

minnsey
Atlassian Team
May 12, 2017

Hi Anthony

Thanks for getting back to us with the update.

The short answer is yes. When SourceTree gets focus again and wakes up it restarts background processes that monitor the local filesystem in each bokmark and also query their remotes.

Now we are aware of this delay we can investigate it further.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events