Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree setup does not start

HennoTM October 29, 2017

When starting the SourceTree setup a small window is opening and closing again after less than a second. Although I am not able to go through the setup I get a 55Mb folder at AppData\Local\SourceTree including a SourceTree.exe . When opening this one nothing is happening. Both .exe files won't do something else when run as admin. I have already tried uninstalling, deleting the app data folders, restarting my computer, restarting the setup. Nothing happens. Hope that someone knows a way to fix this.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

Hi Jan, can you check the log and see if there's any error? You can also paste it here for us to take a look ;)

Please let us know also which version of Sourcetree are you using.

Cheers!

Ana

HennoTM October 30, 2017

Thanks for your response.

I was trying to install the version 2.3.1.0, which was the one I downloaded from the main page of the SourceTree website.

I would love to share a log, but I don't know where to find it. There are several files called log4net at AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.3.1\ , but I believe that is not what you mean.

As I mentioned before I am not able to install it, so the AppData\Local\SourceTree\ folder is the only thing I have besides the installer and a desktop link to the SourceTree.exe in that folder, which won't open, even as admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events