Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree resolve merge conflicts after ending feature with git flow

jamesabolton July 12, 2013

I have SourceTree setup with my git project on codeplex.com and am using the git flow model. Every time I finish a feature and ST merges it back into my develop branch I get an error that there are merge conflicts I need to resolve which leaves me stuck in the develop branch with my feature branch waiting for me to fix the conflicts in the develop branch before I can go back and close out the feature. The files showing as conflicts are usually files I modified in the feature and it appears they are pulled back out of the repo to replace my modified files from the feature when I am switched to the develop branch. The files appear to be getting modified with regards to their line endings as nothing is modified if I check "ignore whitespaces."

The only solution I have found is to go back to copy the path to the file currently checked out in develop and compare it via external diff with the same file in my feature and copy the feature changes to the develop file and do this for each "conflict." When I am done I can commit develop and then finish the feature. This seems incorrect and it is very slow at times. What am I doing wrong or is this a problem with ST and git flow?

1 answer

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Hi James. Is this for Windows or Mac?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events