Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree registration?

Liz Wall November 4, 2014

I registered when I came up in Atlassian but it keeps asking me to register when I try to re-register it tells me I am registered but it won't let me into SourceTree

5 answers

2 votes
jjkugler July 15, 2015

If it is free, I shouldn't ever have to register it, period.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

It's free as in cost-free, not free as in open-source. Atlassian isn't obligated to provide this software at all. If they choose to provide it at no cost, but require registration, that's their right. If you don't want to register, there are many alternatives.

jjkugler July 16, 2015

Oh, I understand that. It was just frustrating to hear "It's free!" then when my users go to install it, they come back to me, "But it says I have to register." Just creates a little bit of confusion. It might be better to require registration up front (before download) so it's clear you have to register to use it.

Goncalo Farias May 6, 2018

Seth, it's funny you say that because I've paid for sourcetree when it was shareware. Why do I have to go through this again?!? Why not have an option for those like me who paid and have a legit key and one for the guys paying with information disclosure?

0 votes
Shangyuan Jia June 21, 2018

You should be able to Import your existing registration the next time it asks. If you log in to my.atlassian.com, you should be able to "Download your SourceTree License", which should be useable with "Import License".

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

You should be able to Import your existing registration the next time it asks. If you log in to my.atlassian.com, you should be able to "Download your SourceTree License", which should be useable with "Import License".

0 votes
Liz Wall November 4, 2014

I came up in SourceTree but registration pop up forced me to register.. so I filled in the registration and received a welcome – you are registered. (I did my name, company, email and a password etc.) Back to sourceTree and I get the registration pop up again. ( I did try to re-register because I want to get into SourceTree – and it says that I am registered. ) That was on Oct 30th. Not sure if this helps any.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2014

Can you describe the steps you are using to register?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events