Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: pull all repositores

Deleted user June 26, 2014

Is there any way to pull all repositorores in SourceTree? I have multiple projects there and I pull each of them individually. Does SourceTree have feature to do it collectively at one time?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

You can only do fetch for all repos (Tools/Options/General/Check default remotes for updates...). Since pulling involves operations which can destroy uncommitted changes, it would be unwise to auto-pull everything.

Deleted user July 7, 2014

That makes sense, however I don't see option 'Tools/Options/General/Check default remotes for updates'.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Cannot paste a screenshot here, will try to explain:

Tools menu/Options item opens a dialog.

On the General tab of this dialog, there is an option (3rd checkbox in the Misc section) called Check default remotes for updates every [10] minutes. This is the one I mean.

(I have windows, might look a bit different in the Mac version.)

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2014

Check the other menus for an item called options. It might be in "Window", that is in the same place as Tools in Windows.

OK, now I understand, there's some difference in OS X version.

Don't see any Tools menu http://take.ms/VzcTB

alejandroivan June 26, 2018

Just for reference (I know this is a 4 year old question), on Mac, this is located at the SourceTree menu, then Preferences (or the usual Cmd+"," combination), on the general tab.

Dan Justus September 13, 2018

Alejandro - That option just does a check and notifies you. What Kamil was looking for was a way to do a pull on all repositories.

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2015

@Frank Lämmer Please submit a feature request at jira.atlassian.com. A +1 here means nothing.

0 votes
Florian Dierickx July 12, 2019

Isn't there a way to achieve this with a 'Custom actions' script?

0 votes
Frank Lämmer February 19, 2015

+1

0 votes

That makes sense, however I don't see option 'Tools/Options/General/Check default remotes for updates'.

0 votes
Deleted user June 26, 2014

I think that my feature might be misunderstood.

I mean something like "pull from all repositories". So it's a matter of SourceTree not Git. How I can see this implementation is to run `git pull` for every repository with one click (in a simple loop or in seperate threads).

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2014

No, I understand. My impression is that SourceTree commands wrap single git commands.

I could be wrong about their reaction to this request, so a feature request at jira.atlassian.com is still a good idea.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2014

I don't believe Git provides a tool for this, so SourceTree will likely not either.

Consider creating a feature request at jira.atlassian.com and posting the link to the request here as an answer. However, since Git does not support the feature, I don't expect Atlassian will either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events