Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree pull added code to files: <<<<<< .merge-file_a07112

Rick Rose January 13, 2015

I'm trying to understand the process of integrating changes from my Bitbucket-based repository into a repository on my laptop.  I did a push from a desktop system to my origin repository on Bitbucket and that went well.  Now when I do a pull on the laptop from the origin repository on Bitbucket, I have two conflicting files.  The files have had code added in several places indicating '>>>>>>> .merge-file_a02536' and '<<<<<<< .merge-file_a07112'.  These additions to the code have been saved on the laptop even though the commit is being stopped due to a conflict.  I'm unsure as how to proceed.  How can I remove these added lines and perform the commit?

Thanks,

Rick R.

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Those are the flags identifying the merge conflicts. You need to use third party software to resolve the conflicts to make those extra notations go away properly. You can find many recommendations for multiple operating systems in the stackoverflow question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/137102/whats-the-best-visual-merge-tool-for-git

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2015

To add to this, you can resolve the merge yourself in SourceTree, but only by picking 'mine' or 'theirs'. If you need more granular control (which is likely) then do what Seth says :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events