Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree on Mac not reflecting local changes in Eclipse

Maureen Dunlap April 1, 2013

I just installed SourcTree on Mac OSX 10.8.3 and am trying to use it with my Eclipse project and Mercurial.

If I make a change to a local file, shouldn't it be reflected in the Working Copy window as "Show Pending"? In fact, no changes show up at all with any setting, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

3 answers

1 vote
at0g July 16, 2015

Same issue here - file changes to working copy never show, without either CMD+R (or changing the view mode).

I think the issue is to do with casing on the file system, try removing the bookmark that is not refreshing (keeping the files on disk) and then add the bookmark again using the local files, this seemed to fix the problem for me, in my case I had ~/dev/project-name instead of ~/Dev/project-name

wlanni January 9, 2016

Wild. That fixed it for me as well. Thanks!

1 vote
Dave Stewart May 18, 2015

I'm getting the same on a brand new mac. This is bizarre, surely it should update automatically? I have to CMD+R it.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi Maureen,

Yes if you use the setting "Show Pending" then it'll show all files that have changed that are not ignored. One thing to quickly try is a force refresh (Cmd+R) if you don't see a refresh. The next thing to do would be check the files you're amending are a) part of the working copy and b) not ignored. Thirdly, ensure you've got adequate system resources (hard disk space, available memory etc.) as we rely on what Git/Mercurial reports to us in order to update SourceTree. If your system resources are lacking then Git/Mercurial will take a long time to report file changes (this is known to happen). Lastly, and it may sound silly but I only know from personal experience, ensure the files you're amending are actually a part of the repository in SourceTree.

If none of those apply get back to us and we'll be happy to look into it further.

Cheers

Maureen Dunlap April 7, 2013

Thanks Kieran. I'll give it another try. I may have had my repository set up wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events