Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree, not respecting the closing/deleting of a pull request from GitHub

Jim Tyrrell October 8, 2017

Painting the Corpse.  Please read the book by Alan Cooper around Inmates are running the asylum.

I don't need a tool that is on top of git, I need a tool that abstracts away what I am trying to do and reflects what is really going on in GitHub.

I have deleted Pull requests in GitHub, but they are still very much showing up in SourceTree.  I finally figured out how to delete some unwanted commits, but that should just work in SourceTree w/o having to jump through hours of hoops.  

Why in the world are these deleted/closed pull request that I no longer need showing up, and if I don't need them, why isn't a simple right click delete remove available.

Or alternatively, if I need to make something that is older in the commit history my current code base, why can't I just right click and make this my rebased thing that is current.  SourceTree/GitHib/Git/Linus you all forsake me.

Jim

1 answer

0 votes
Jim Tyrrell October 8, 2017

Most importantly at the command line, and SmartGit behave as I would expect.  Please fix this issue.  I am happy to help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events