SourceTree, not respecting the closing/deleting of a pull request from GitHub

Painting the Corpse.  Please read the book by Alan Cooper around Inmates are running the asylum.

I don't need a tool that is on top of git, I need a tool that abstracts away what I am trying to do and reflects what is really going on in GitHub.

I have deleted Pull requests in GitHub, but they are still very much showing up in SourceTree.  I finally figured out how to delete some unwanted commits, but that should just work in SourceTree w/o having to jump through hours of hoops.  

Why in the world are these deleted/closed pull request that I no longer need showing up, and if I don't need them, why isn't a simple right click delete remove available.

Or alternatively, if I need to make something that is older in the commit history my current code base, why can't I just right click and make this my rebased thing that is current.  SourceTree/GitHib/Git/Linus you all forsake me.

Jim

1 answer

Most importantly at the command line, and SmartGit behave as I would expect.  Please fix this issue.  I am happy to help.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

729 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you