Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree not listing branches

johnsogg June 2, 2013

Hi,

There are three branches that appear on the GitHub UI (X, Y, and master). But SourceTree shows me SomeOldBranch and master. I have tried every sequence of fetching, refreshing remote status, and checkout that I can think of. It never gives me the option to checkout either of the new branches X or Y.

Is it possible to force SourceTree to get the list of branches available on the remote? (Something like "git ls-remotes --heads")

I have been trying to check out this new branch for a few hours now. I keep hoping that SourceTree will just work, like it has in the past, but it must be stuck in the past.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
johnsogg June 17, 2013

I asked this invalid question and would like to close it, but there doesn't seem to be a way in the UI to do that, so I'll just mark this as the 'correct' answer so it is resolved.

1 vote
alessio di pastena October 21, 2018

I have the same problem that Gabe Johnson had at the time. my local source tree only see the master branch of the repository and he does not see the develop branch.

I have the 2.6.10 version of source tree.

there is a solution?

1 vote
Q Phoria September 13, 2017

Will this ever be fixed? I have 2.3.1 in 2017 and it still not showing branches created from bitbucket.org.. only shows locally created branches. Ridiculous!

alessio di pastena October 21, 2018

I have the same problem

0 votes
johnsogg June 2, 2013

The problem is muffled for now, since I found a workaround, but I am curious what was going on. So, treat this as low-priority :) I can mail you a tarball if you like. Here is a gist that compares the horked and working versions of the trees. https://gist.github.com/johnsogg/7fe36aeda500e99e0e3c

This is most likely something to do with my own lack of git-fu.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

Nothing leaps out at me about the trees, if you're willing to send me the repo to tinker with my email is sstreeting at atlassian.com

johnsogg June 2, 2013

Will do. Maybe has something to do with yesterday's GitHub meltdown.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

If you can't figure out what was wrong with it, if you can give us a copy of the repo to diagnose we'd be happy to take a look, in case there's some odd edge case that we should actually be dealing with.

0 votes
johnsogg June 2, 2013

I have a workaround, but still don't know what the actual problem was.

Cloning the repository into a different local tree works, and fetching data in that second tree also works. It seems the first tree was hosed in some way. I don't know if the problem was git, github, or ST. Sorry for the forum noise :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events