Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: not a valid source path / URL problem, missing DLLs

Christian April 4, 2016

Hi,

suddenly I have Problems accessing Repositories with SourceTree. Maybe it's caused by the latest Win10 Update cause everything worked fine before.

Maybe this Update is causing the Problem? Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142)

First of all I wasn't able to 'Fetch' - I got some 'DLL missing' warnings.

Than I reinstalled Sourcetree and tried to Clone my Repository again. But when I past in the correct URL, I get several "Missing file" warnings again:

error01.png

error02.png

error03.png

... ending in the Error message "This is not a valid source path / URL".

Details are initially:

error04.png

Now ererytime I try it again, there are no further DLL error Messages, but the "not a valid source path" warning with this Detail Dialog:

error05.png

I use Embedded Git and tried SourceTree 1.7.0 and also 1.8.3 - no difference.

It might also be an authentication Problem, but I'm not prompte for credentials anyway.

Can somebody help me out here please?

Regards,

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Probably not an authentication problem. If you are missing dlls for libcurl and libssh, your git installation is probably completely unable to communicate to remote servers. Try hitting the Update Embedded Git, and see if that might repair your problem.

If not, you should install your own copy of Git ("System Git" to SourceTree), and go to a git forum if it has installation problems.

Christian April 4, 2016

Yes, indeed! With local installed Git (System Git) it's working fine again.

You saved my day - thanks a lot!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events