Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree keeps asking me "log in to your atlassian account"

陆瑄 April 11, 2016

I installed SourceTree on mac.

When I run it for the first time, a wizard was out and showed me some licenses, which I accepted. (And I refused to send user data to Atlassian.) Then another step of the wizard popped out which was "log in to your Atlassian account". There were two buttons below but neither of them could bring me to the next step. One is "Use an existing account" and the other is "Go To My Atlassian".

Clicking on the first one will pop up my altassian account setting page but I can only save the settings there, while the second one will just open another web browser window.  

So I was stuck in this step of the wizard. Any ideas? 

Thank you very much in advance, 

Shane

17 answers

2 votes
DavidR January 1, 2017

I've managed to get it working for me now. I moved SourceTree to the trash can, manually downloaded the latest from the website (2.4 from sourcetreeapp.com) and moved it to Applications. Run it from there, confirmed the usual security question, and this time it whizzed past the login page after a couple of seconds to the normal repo list. It seems to have kept all my old settings, so that's good. I'm guessing there's a problem with the auto-update.

Nini Abagiu January 8, 2017

Great David, thanks, using your method finally did the trick for me smile Thanks a ton, have a nice year ahead!

1 vote
edhubbell December 30, 2016

Try changing your default browser to Safari. I was on Chrome and had the same issue. Changed to Safari and registration process worked.

Nini Abagiu January 8, 2017

Hi, unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I even rebooted my Mac after setting Safari as default browser, nothing helped. For me only David's method worked. Thanks anyway, may help others.

patricksmms March 8, 2017

I had the same issue and this worked for me. Thanks! What a nasty bug, and apparently very old one, they should have it as a P1 an fix it immediately!

1 vote
Allen Tuggle December 30, 2016

I also had this issue and the only way I found around it was to download an older version of it and install it, once it installed it updated itself past this new feature.  (This was on my Mac).  Hope that helps someone else

0 votes
Jacques Questiaux January 16, 2017

I am also having this problem, it was a preinstalled source tree from a work mac, i cant install off the site without admin privileges, and i cant go to "About SourceTree" to check the version, but it should be a very recent version. So yeah not sure what to do, will have to wait till i can get an admin to sort this out i guess, but so much red tape at this company sigh.

0 votes
DavidR January 1, 2017

Same here. Sierra 10.12.2. Don't have Chrome, only Safari. Maybe it's doing some naughty networking stuff that my router is blocking? Anyone know what it's actually supposed to do? Is there a button missing?

I've just changed the display resolution, and it looks like there was a Cancel button off the bottom of the screen, but still no way of advancing.

0 votes
edhubbell December 27, 2016

Also, what a pain.

0 votes
edhubbell December 27, 2016

Try changing your default browser to Safari. I was on Chrome and had the same issue. Changed to Safari and registration process worked.

0 votes
parag naik December 26, 2016

Same issue with my SourceTree on mac. Upgraded and stuck at "Log into your Atlassian Account"

0 votes
Mathieu GERARD December 26, 2016

Same issue. I'm also stuck after the update of SourceTree on Mac.

0 votes
EdwinRazafi December 26, 2016

Same issue really really annoying!

0 votes
eugene December 3, 2016

Same for me sad

0 votes
Allen Tuggle December 2, 2016

I have the exact same issue on Macbook pro "OS X El Capitan" 10.11.5   December 2 2016

0 votes
Erik Andersson November 28, 2016

Looks like I have the same problem

0 votes
makerdude August 4, 2016

I'm also having the same issue.  It's now Aug 2016.  

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2016

There was a problem with the id.atlassian.com page back in April that broke this process for everyone. If you are having problems now, it isn't the same thing, because they fixed the page within a day of it being reported.

There may, however, be a NEW problem with id.atlassian.com that is causing the same symptoms. If this is the case, expect to see lots of reports from users.

If it seems to be happening to just you, you might check to see if some proxy, firewall, OS setting, or browser setting (looking at you IE) is interfering with the SourceTree installer loading id.atlassian.com

0 votes
Alexei Gilchrist April 11, 2016

Same issue here, with OsX. Wizard stuck at 'Atlasssian Account' stage.

"Use an existing account" brings up a log in page in a popup window, I can log in which takes me to a  "Manage your account" page and I can't seem to do anything else useful from there.

Clicking "Go To My Atlasssian" opens up a browser, again I can log in successfully and I'm taken to a page of Licenses with a "SourceTree: Free License". I can download the license file but contrary to the instructions there is no "SourceTree > Registration" option even if you could get past the wizard. 

Seriously? Was this tested at all before deployment?

0 votes
Devesh Mitra April 11, 2016

I'm having the same issue. Can't get passed the 'Atlassian Account' step, even though I logged in successfully

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events