SourceTree keep suddenly jump back to staged files even I click on some unstaged files

When I click on an un-staged file in working copy to view the diff, it always suddenly jump back to a staged file, after I click back to the un-staged one, it jump back again, I need to make few try to make it stable on the one I chose, does anyone have same issue ?

1 answer

This might be caused by the refresh caused by the background fetch.

You can switch it on/off at Tools\Options\General\Check default remotes for updates every N minutes. (On Windows)

It keeps the default setting 10 mins already :( I found that every time I stage a file, it will try to refresh the just staged file, and after it is refreshed, SourceTree will jump to that file. In the mean time when refreshing, if I click to see other files, then it will suddenly jump back to that file after finished refreshing and then try to refresh AGAIN, so if I try to click other files at this moment, whole thing is keeping in a dead loop I even try to uncheck "Refresh automatically when files change", but no use :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot