Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree is not able to start the external merge tool

narko January 31, 2013

Hi,

I cannot start the external merge tool from sourcetree after upgrading to Mountain Lion and Xcode 4.6. All the necesary commands are in place because I can run them from the console. However, it seems something changed because sourcetree is not able to show the GUI. It just shows a dialog that dissapear very quickly and generates all the LOCAL, BASE and REMOTE version files of the conflicts.

Please help!

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Delette Collins October 18, 2013

I am having the same problem only on a Windows 7 box. I see the LOCAL, BASE and REMOTE version files of the conflicts and I can see sh.exe in my task manager however the third party gui never comes up. I can manually bring up the gui however. Any ideas?

Derek Chow September 25, 2014

I found this happening sometimes with me but I noticed that the files that had trouble starting up in with the third party GUI didn't seem to have any real conflicts e.g. were new files or conflicts were perhaps resolved automatically so I generally just had to "abort" the third party merge tool and just mark them as resolved.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

Hi narko,

This could be down to your command line tools having problems. Check the following document to see if this resolves it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=267258218

Cheers

narko January 31, 2013

Wonderful, it works now. I create the symbolic link before, so I was missing just this piece of magic:

Alternatively, add /Developer/usr/bin to your path. You need to do this in two places:

1. /etc/paths - this is the $PATH that GUI applications use. You may need to restart your computer for this to take effect.
  2. Your ~/.bash_profile or similar

Thanks a billion Kieran!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events