Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree install fails at 7za.exe copy

Kirk Hutchinson December 15, 2014

SourceTreeInstallFail.jpg

I have verified that I have Admin privs to the dir, and I've even tried creating that prior to the install with R/W sig to no avail.  Any ideas?

6 answers

0 votes
Peter Schuebl January 30, 2015

Same problem here. Manually copying 7za.exe to the folder fails. Renaming 7za.exe to 7za1.exe and copying workings. Might be connect to McAfee AntiVirus

0 votes
Kirk Hutchinson December 30, 2014

Yes on McAfee, but no on encryption since it can't be disabled. Please be aware that I have tried installing it on both the encrypted (c:) and non-encrypted (d:) drives without success. I tried replying right after your response, but I'm limited to 3 communications per day by your website. :-(

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

Have you tried temporarily disabling those?

0 votes

The install onto my Windows 7 desktop worked fine, but the one on my corporate laptop does not. Here are some interesting differences: McAfee & Dell data protection encryption are running on the laptop. Other programs install fine with or without running in Administrator mode, but this one fails every time irrespective of the directory or disk that is specified.

0 votes

This is a fresh install of SourceTreeSetup_1.6.11.exe on Windows 7. It is behind a corporate firewall if that makes a difference.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

Do you know what version you are installing? Is this a fresh installation or an upgrade?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events