SourceTree hangs when pushing unless I re-add my ssh key

taji34 January 6, 2015

Every time I close and re-open SourceTree it hangs when I try to push commits, this being all the farther it gets:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags origin master:master
Pushing to git@taji34:taji34/Troncraft.git

The only thing that fixes the problem is re-adding my ssh key, then everything works until the next time I close it. I'm using OpenSSH, is this a known problem and/or does it have a solution? If not I can live with it, it's just a tad bit annoying.

4 answers

0 votes
Mark Gibson January 29, 2016

I've been experience this (or a similar) problem, SourceTree hangs at this same point, although the push is successful. I never experience a problem doing a regular git push from a shell though.

I'll keep you updated if I discover anything more.

Doh, i've just realised this question is over a year old, did you find a solution?

0 votes
taji34 January 7, 2015

Only my account is allowed to push to that repository. But I'm not having issues there, since I am able to push, it just seems that OpenSSH forgets that my SSH keys exist or something, so I have to re-add them everytime.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

Do you have Tools\Options\Automatically start SSH agent... switched on? If not, it probably hangs because OpenSSH in not running when you push.

taji34 January 7, 2015

Yes it is checked, but it's greyed out, so I don't think that is an option for OpenSSH.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

Could you check if OpenSSH is actually running when you push?

taji34 January 9, 2015

Is there an easy way to check that?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2015

Task Manager?

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2015

The push address seems to have a password in it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events