Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree for hundreds of developers

Evgeniy Terekhov June 2, 2017

Hello Atlassian Community,

We are going to make SourceTree as a n.1 Git GUI client in our company.

I wonder if there is the best approach to registering the SourceTree?

Are there any corporate versions of the SourceTree, so that there is a simpler install/register procedure, rather than having each developer register his own Atlassian account?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

Hi Evgeniy!

We don't provide a way to massively install SourceTree in an Enterprise environment, it's required that every user registers the product with their Atlassian account.

Atlassian account, allows the users to easily accept Atlassian’s Customer Agreement and have a single login for all of our cloud products. Additionally, it ensures that SourceTree is distributed with respect to US Export Control laws. 

We are tracking direct feedback on this specific request at SRCTREEWIN-4666. Please feel free to add your feedback, and specifics around your teams needs. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Ana

Evgeniy Terekhov June 2, 2017

Thanks! 

Patrick du Boucher June 22, 2017

I am also very interested in having an automatic way to roll out the installation of sourcetree to our developers. (~500), forcing them all to make an Atlassian account is not going to be a solution for us.

This is especially true since we have the need to be easily able to install a complete profile for a developer on a VM, or a replacement machine,

Having developers re-register on each VM workstation is needless.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events