SourceTree for hundreds of developers

Hello Atlassian Community,

We are going to make SourceTree as a n.1 Git GUI client in our company.

I wonder if there is the best approach to registering the SourceTree?

Are there any corporate versions of the SourceTree, so that there is a simpler install/register procedure, rather than having each developer register his own Atlassian account?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Evgeniy!

We don't provide a way to massively install SourceTree in an Enterprise environment, it's required that every user registers the product with their Atlassian account.

Atlassian account, allows the users to easily accept Atlassian’s Customer Agreement and have a single login for all of our cloud products. Additionally, it ensures that SourceTree is distributed with respect to US Export Control laws. 

We are tracking direct feedback on this specific request at SRCTREEWIN-4666. Please feel free to add your feedback, and specifics around your teams needs. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Ana

I am also very interested in having an automatic way to roll out the installation of sourcetree to our developers. (~500), forcing them all to make an Atlassian account is not going to be a solution for us.

This is especially true since we have the need to be easily able to install a complete profile for a developer on a VM, or a replacement machine,

Having developers re-register on each VM workstation is needless.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you