SourceTree for Windows not booting.

Working in windows 10, today SourceTree randomly has decided it will not boot. I have uninstalled the application in hopes that reinstalling it will fix my issue, but the installer won't boot either. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

Things I have tried include, deleting the AppData file(s) for SourceTree, deleting any reminiscence of SourceTree in my program Program Files. Restarted the computer. Ran installation .exe as Administrator.

It seems like this might be related to that dictionary definition error that keeps popping up for me. Here is a workaround that should help https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7898?_ga=2.227735576.429384516.1507051452-1096455579.1507051452

Thank you for this answer.

SourceTree has not been working for a few weeks now and I've just been using GitKraken, but that crashes a lot when I try and do anything other than pulling. 
Finally wanted to get SourceTree working and ran into the issue of it not showing and just crashing. Logs showed NullReferenceException. Following the Jira Issue workaround, fixed the installation/launch issue I was having.

Kraig, your answer worked for me! Same issue craig was having.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

799 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you